WHO WE ARE
We have a long history! Peace United Church of Christ was founded in 1905 – yes, way back then. After a couple of years meeting in homes, our “mother church” St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, built our first church building on 7th and Broadway (now it’s a Holiday gas station). There were various changes over the years between affiliations and focus but in 1956, Peace opened its doors to our current location. In 1957, Peace Church officially became part of the United Church of Christ, which is a merger of four denominations. To learn more about our conference, visit the United Church of Christ website. Or for more information about the bylaws of Peace Church read more here.