Many of our members have found the convenience of using electronic giving. There are two programs available: e-GIVE or PayPal. Both are extremely easy to use. Click on the links below to sign up. Debby in our office can assist you with any questions.
Note: eGive updated their system the end of May 2017. The links below have changed. Refer to this user’s guide for information.
Pledging Your Gifts
Amazing Grace is the theme for our Stewardship/Giving Opportunity Campaign for 2017-18. Rooted in God’s Amazing Grace our lives are empowered and we, as a church, continue to reach out to the world and transform lives in powerful ways. To continue our ministry and outreach, each year we engage in this process of inviting our members and friends to pledge their financial commitment to Peace United Church of Christ. It takes EACH ONE OF US to support the ministry of the church!
We ask you to prayerfully consider your financial pledge/gift using the pledge card linked below. This is a powerful time for you to share your financial gift, so we can continue sharing GOD’S GRACE with others.
While there is much grace experienced and much to celebrate here at Peace United Church of Christ, we have to be honest about our financial situation. If we want to continue our current ministries and find new ways to reach out to others around us, we have to strengthen our financial commitment. We acknowledge and appreciate that there are a few special circumstances that will not allow people to financially contribute to the ministry of Peace United Church of Christ, but we know that we all can do better in our giving to the ministry of our church. We are convinced that all of us have the ability to begin or expand our giving potential as well… if we make the ministry of Peace a priority in our giving.
Our giving should come from our hearts – in response to God’s Amazing Grace – where we lift up with joy and thanksgiving how our lives are moved and transformed by God’s Spirit through the ministry here at Peace United Church of Christ.
Click the here to access our pledge form.
Thank you for your interest in Peace United Church of Christ. You can help to leave your footprint by making a planned gift. There are plenty of advantages to making a gift to Peace United Church of Christ in your will, trust or another gift plan. Tax savings are one benefit, but more than that, you can help support our future ministries that are close to your heart.
Different gifts may benefit you in different ways. Find the perfect plan that meets your financial needs and fulfills your charitable interests:
- Take Stock of Your Situation – maximize your gift and minimize your taxes. Gifts of appreciated stock and other securities have the potential to contribute significant dollars to our ministries by assigning ownership to Peace United Church of Christ.
- Give New Life to Insurance. If you have a life insurance policy that is no longer central to your financial planning, consider gifting it to Peace United Church of Christ. Works with policies that are paid or partially paid.
- Gifts Through Your Will. Remembering Peace United Church of Christ in your will can help you reduce estate taxes and ensure the ministry work you care about will always continue.
We recommend you consult with your tax advisor and/or lawyer.
Capital Funds Campaign
Our ministry at Peace United Church of Christ continues to grow increasingly strong and vibrant because of active and faithful leaders who are such an important part of our congregation. As we have been growing deeper in our faith walk and serving diligently in response to God’s grace, we believe that we have been abundantly blessed.
Anyone has the opportunity to make a financial gift to our “Footsteps to the Future” Capital Funds Campaign. These gifts are over and above the gifts we share for ongoing ministry through our General Fund. When we are asked to prayerfully consider a financial gift to our congregation’s ministry, we are given an opportunity to consider our faith and grow in generosity. No gift is too large or too small. All gifts are needed and celebrated! Everyone’s participation is needed in our growing ministry and our “Footsteps to the Future” Capital Funds Campaign.
WHAT IS “FOOTSTEPS TO THE FUTURE”?
Footsteps to the Future is the theme of a Capital Campaign that will enable Peace United Church of Christ to continue to fulfill its vision to be a safe and inclusive church living God’s radical message by:
- Embracing All
- Building Community
- Growing faith
- Transforming Lives
WHAT IS A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
A Capital Campaign is an opportunity for members and friends of Peace United Church of Christ to support major initiatives of the church over an extended time period. Gifts received through a capital campaign are not used for yearly operational expenses; instead, capital campaign gifts are used most often for construction, renovation or other major physical projects that support fulfillment of the church’s vision and ministries.
WHY DOES PEACE UCC NEED A CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
Peace UCC is now one of the fastest growing congregations in the Minnesota Conference United Church of Christ. God calls us to do wonderful and bold things at Peace. To respond to this call, we need additional space to accommodate our growing congregation, our expanding ministries and our increasing outreach to members, friends and the community. “Footsteps to the Future” is our response of joy and thanksgiving for God’s love in Jesus Christ and the ministry we share in proclaiming this radical gift of love to all whom we encounter.
HOW LONG IS THE FOOTSTEPS TO THE FUTURE CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign is a three-year financial commitment from May 1, 2015 – April 30, 2018.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS CAPITAL CAMPAIGN?
Footstep One – approximately $900,000
- Expand the entry way and drive-through canopy on the south side of the building and create a designated welcome and gathering center — a visible expression of our hospitality toward all who come through our doors.
- Increase fellowship space by opening the current area between the sanctuary and Fellowship Hall.
- Create a new nursery closer to the sanctuary that is comfortable, inviting and reassuring to our young families and their children.
- Renovate the kitchen to meet required safety codes AND reflect hospitality and warmth to our members and community.
- Provide administrative and meeting space that centralizes offices for PUCC staff and provides additional meeting and educational space for members, youth and friends.
- Remodel the basement under the Fellowship Hall to maximize classroom and meeting space
Footstep Two – approximately $700,000
- Expand Fellowship Hall on its west side to provide needed space to accommodate large groups looking for meeting or event space.
- Extend administrative space to provide more meeting space for staff, volunteers, and groups.
- Build support/meeting rooms on the SW corner of our building.
- Provide a Pedestrian Walk Way on the west side of the building enhancing access to our building.
- Build a Yard Equipment Storage Area on the north side of the building.
HOW CAN I SUPPORT FOOTSTEPS TO THE FUTURE FOR PEACE UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST?
Pray for our church, our congregation and the ministry to which God has called us. Prayerfully consider how you can make a financial commitment toward our Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign. Please remember that your gift over the next three years is above and beyond your regular giving.
- Be informed.
Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign includes detailed information about the proposed construction/renovation projects. Share questions you may have with Pastor Paul or members of the Building and Capital Campaign Committees.
- Be engaged.
Plan to attend the special congregational meeting on Sunday, March 13 where we will discern what steps to take.
- Be generous.
Ask for God’s guidance as you consider your response to Footsteps to the Future for Peace United Church of Christ. God calls each of us to share our time, talents and treasures in support of the mission and ministry of this church. Give as God leads you to respond.
WHAT IS THE OVERALL GOAL OF THE CAMPAIGN?
We hope to receive as many gifts as possible toward the $1.6 million cost of construction/renovation projects within Footsteps One and Two. Footstep One represents our “promise” to optimize and maintain our beautiful church, creating a physical presence as welcoming and comfortable as the spiritual presence we find within its walls. Footsteps One and Two jointly reflect the “possibility” of deepening our commitment to the vision of Peace United Church of Chris to live God’s radical message.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT LEVELS OF GIVING?
In order for us to reach or surpass the goal for our Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign, we suggest prayerful consideration of the following levels of commitment by members and friends of Peace UCC:
- Matching Gift – Consider matching your General Fund gift over the next three years. For example, if you are currently giving $25 per week ($1300 per year) as your gift, would you consider also giving $25 per week to the Capital Campaign for the next three years for a commitment total of $3,900?
- Leadership Gift – The church needs members who will make leadership gifts of $10,000, or more, to the Capital Campaign over the three years.
- Major Gift – We invite members who have been financially blessed to pray and consider making a Major Gift of $25,000, $50,000 to $100,000 or more to the Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign.
Ultimately, the decision about how to support the Footsteps to the Future Capital Campaign is one that each of us decides in the context of prayer and discernment, asking the question, “what is God calling me to do?”
IS MY GIFT TAX DEDUCTIBLE?
Yes, gifts are tax deductible if you itemize your contributions when filing your tax return. If you have questions about the tax implications of your gift, please consult your tax advisor.
MAY I MAKE A GIFT OTHER THAN CASH?
Besides cash, you may contribute gifts of stock, property, life insurance, and other securities. Again, consult your tax advisor regarding gifts of this type.
If you’d like to contribute to this campaign, please fill out this card and return back to the Peace Church Administrator.